Eureka!!!! I finally had the “aha!” moment with my very, very lacking knitting skills. Come to find out, wrapping counterclockwise means wrap the yarn counterclockwise around the needle, not clockwise. No wonder my purls were so tight and I could accomplish next to nothing. I now have three inches on a 2 x 2 ribbed scarf after watching half of Good Night and Good Luck and half of a My Name is Earl episode.
I did watch more than just half of both shows (because that just seems like I’ve taken my short attention span to the next level and that wouldn’t be a good thing). I was just griping at my failures at knitting for the first half of Good Night and washing dishes during the second half of Earl. Tonight my goals are:
- Take my prescription to the pharmacy
- Spend less than twenty minutes looking at Burts Bees stuff at the pharmacy or else Number 4 is a definite.
- Make dinner instead of picking up something on my way home, even if it’s peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with Cheetos (the best combo EVER). Although, chinese sounds really good….
- No take out! Fattening. Bad! Bad!
- Make sure to comb Maddie’s hair after her bath. Tangles are getting out of hand.
- Make the girls’ lunches with their help before they go to bed.
- Listen to Laura read.
- Lay out the girls’ clothes for tomorrow.
- Watch at least one episode of Brotherhood, if it arrived from Netflix.
- Hang up the girls’ clothes while watching Brotherhood.
- Wash at least one load of clothes tonight. Preferably whites. Need those essentials!
- Try to get at least one more inch (high hopes!) on my ribbed scarf or else it’s destined to be a coin purse.
- If there’s time, run the vacuum in the living room. Too much popcorn evidence from my late night popcorn addiction.
- Replace 9 & 10 with finishing at least one assignment from this week’s module if I cannot finish it during work this afternoon.
Ah, a normal, relaxing night at home, or at least what has become a normal, relaxing night. Tomorrow, both girls have dance class so the goal list will be much, much shorter.