I’ve seen this on several blogs recently, most recent being Sue’s so I thought I would give it a try.
Pick 10 of your favorite movies. Go to imdb.com and find a quote from each movie. Post them on your blog for everyone to guess. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly and put who guessed it and the movie. No cheating!
1. You know, I don’t think I’ve got it in me to shoot my flatmate, my mum, and my girlfriend all in the same night. Shaun of the Dead – Melissa
2. I’ve been meditating on the very great pleasure which a pair of fine eyes in the face of a pretty woman can bestow. Pride & Prejudice – Julie
3. I think he knows what Rome is. Rome is the mob. Conjure magic for them and they’ll be distracted. Take away their freedom and still they’ll roar. The beating heart of Rome is not the marble of the senate, it’s the sand of the coliseum. He’ll bring them death – and they will love him for it. Gladiator – Becky
4. I’ve hired you to help me start a war. It’s an prestigious line of work, with a long and glorious tradition. The Princess Bride – Amy
5. I do not, for one, think that the problem was that the band was down. I think that the problem *may* have been, that there was a Stonehenge monument on the stage that was in danger of being *crushed* by a *dwarf*. Alright? That tended to understate the hugeness of the object. This is Spinal Tap – Julie
6. My problem is that it’s 2 A.M. My problem is I’m asleep. I’m on a tour bus with eight stinkin’ men. Rule number one: Don’t propose to a girl on a bus, you got that? Rule number two: Don’t tell her it’s because you had a bad dream. Walk the Line – Melissa
7. You once said you liked me just as I am and I just wanted to say likewise. I mean there are stupid things your mum buys you, tonight’s another… classic. You’re haughty, and you always say the wrong thing in every situation and I seriously believe that you should rethink the length of your sideburns. But, you’re a nice man and I like you. If you wanted to pop by some time that might be nice… more than nice. Bridget Jone’s Diary – Melissa
8. Soon I’m gonna be sucking down piña coladas in a hot tub with six girls named Amber and Tiffany. New #8: In the old days if an agent did something that embarrassing he’d have a good sense to defect. Christ, I miss the Cold War. Casino Royale – Elizabeth
9. I’m no martyr. I did it for the money. But it’s not worth much if you can’t face yourself in the mirror. Respect is the ultimate currency. I was stealing from a man who traded his away for a few dollars. And then he tried to wash away his guilt. Drown it in a lifetime of good deeds and a sea of respectability. It almost worked, too. But inevitably, the further you run from your sins, the more exhausted you are when they catch up to you. And they do. Certain. It will not fail. Inside Man – Elizabeth
10. But the worst thing I ever done – I mixed a pot of fake puke at home and then I went to this movie theater, hid the puke in my jacket, climbed up to the balcony and then, t-t-then, I made a noise like this: hua-hua-hua-huaaaaaaa – and then I dumped it over the side, all over the people in the audience. And then, this was horrible, all the people started getting sick and throwing up all over each other. I never felt so bad in my entire life. The Goonies – Kimberly
As far as tags, I tag anyone else who would like to participate.
Edit: I’ve replaced 8 with a new quote because I just realized that #8 & #9 are from the same movie. I just like the #8 quote because hearing this person say my name made it sound really sexy.😉